In 1956, the 7th and Avenue G church of Christ (present day Western Hills) and the Central church of Christ (present day Northside) worked together in planting the Avenue T congregation on the south side of town, where a church was desperately needed. Avenue T met for its first assembly on Sunday, March 7, 1957. Several brethren from both the 7th and G and Central congregation identified with Avenue T on that day. The first preacher was Max T. Neel under the eldership of A.B. Berry, N.S. Linn, and R. S. Stephens. In addition, 15 elders and 8 preachers have served this congregation well. Over the past decades, there have been many other humble servants who have given of their time, talents, and resources for the Lord and His church here at Avenue T. We thank all the godly men and women-past and present- who have been so dedicated.